Im doing a paper and (trying to do) a documentary on Horror movies ,why people connect to them ,why they love them and all of this other cool stuff . So Ive written a survey that your answers will be used to create stats ,your name will not be used so no need to include it ,just either copy and paste the survey and email it to me or reblog this with your answers . Please pass this on to as many people as possible and when Im finished with the results Ill post the finished piece which I think will be very interesting to a lot of horror fans.
For the record Im also taking this to several horror conventions , at which I will be recording some interviews live . So if your interested in being a part of the documentary message or email me and we can try and set something up. I also have hopes to get celebrities from the horror world involved ,I written plenty of letters and plan on asking a lot of people at the cons when I meet them . So be a part of something bigger ! Thanks for your participation !
Horror Psych Project
Please keep any answers that are more than one word answers short it will help comprise the data later Thanks so much for your participation!
- How old are you? 21
- Are you a male or female? Female
- How old were you when you saw your first horror movie ?Were you scared or intrigued? 7 or so; both
- What type of emotions do you feel during and after a horror movie? Excitement, anticipation, anxiety, pleasure.
- Do you like the feeling of being scared ? Absolutely!
- What draws you to horror movies ? A love of fear.
- What genre of horror movie scares you the most? (Common genres are: Killer/Slasher,Paranormal,Religious,Monster,Comedy,etc) Paranormal
- What type of horror movies do you enjoy the most? Subtle ones, like The Haunting (1963)
- Does how much a movie scares you make you enjoy the movie more ? Sometimes
- Best Modern horror movie (less than 5 years old) Shaun Of The Dead is the most recent one I like, sorry it’s off by a few years
- Best Old School horror movie (more than 5 years old) Frankenstein (1931)
- Which horror movie scared you the most as a child? As an adult? The Phantom Of The Opera (1925); The Exorcist
- Do you prefer modern or classic horror?Why? Classic; there’s a certain sincerity in the monsters and actors that I don’t see anymore
- Do you like horror movies with more gore or more implied gore ? Implied
- Which era do you feel had the best horror movies?Why? 1931; it was the heyday of Universal Monsters